The Government has today published its Covid-19 Recovery Strategy:
- Coronavirus is the biggest challenge the UK has faced in decades – and we are not alone. All over the world, we are seeing the devastating impact of this disease. It threatens to take both our way of life and our loved ones from us.
- Thanks to the hard work, resilience and sacrifice of the British people, and despite a tragic loss of life, the UK has slowed the spread of coronavirus. The death rate and hospital admissions are coming down, and we have protected the NHS and saved many thousands of lives.
- We must not relent now – or else there is a very real risk of a second peak of the disease that could overwhelm the NHS and throw away all of our achievements to date.
- The Government has set out a new alert system, which will tell us how tough social distancing measures need to be, and which will guide our progress along a roadmap – a three-step plan to start our recovery and rebuild our way of life.
- We must all continue to play our part – by staying alert, so we can control the virus and save lives.