This page has been designed to provide updated information, guidance and advice with regards to Coronavirus (COVID-19). You will find information on various topics by following the adjacent menu links.
Information will be updated on a daily basis - please scroll to the bottom of the page to see the latest news and advice.
Stay at home
You must stay at home, only leaving for the following very limited purposes:
- Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible.
- One form of exercise a day – for example, a run, walk or cycle – alone or with members of your immediate household.
- Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.
Protect the NHS
You must stay at home to protect the NHS:
- The NHS only has a limited number of doctors, nurses and specialist equipment.
- We are working around the clock to increase NHS capacity.
- The more people who get sick, the harder it is for the NHS to cope.
- We must slow the spread of the disease so that fewer people are sick at any one time.
You must stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives. The police will have the powers to enforce the following restrictions:
- Dispersing gatherings of more than two people in public, excluding people you live with.
- Issuing fines to anyone who does not comply with these rules.
- Closing shops that are not essential, as well as playgrounds and places of worship.
Full guidance on staying at home can be found at www.gov.uk/coronavirus
You can find the most up to date medical advice at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
You can find the answers to frequently asked questions about what you can do and can’t do during this pandemic here.
You can volunteer to become an NHS Volunteer Responder athttps://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS