Brandon Lewis MP is seeking a constituency assistant for his constituency office in Great Yarmouth. Although previous office or casework experience would be beneficial it is not essential. More important are strong organisational skills and the flexibility to work in a busy office environment. This role is for a fixed term only and will end on 30 April 2020, with the possibility of an extension to this date.
This role includes:
- Drafting letters and correspondence for Brandon providing information, advice and support to constituents on a broad range of issues
- Dealing with Government departments, local councils and other organisations
- Assisting Brandon and other staff in running local campaigns on constituency issues
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- Meticulous record-keeping and dealing with often confidential or sensitive information
- Attending meetings and note taking (occasional Saturday and evening work is required)
- Assistance with updating residents about Brandon’s work on local and national issues via social media
- Other administrative duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong written and oral communication skills, good telephone manner
- Good IT skills and experience of using social media
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise a caseload
- Quick and efficient work style
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to be flexible to the demands of a busy office
- Team player; enthusiastic and reliable
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment, you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 August 2019
Interviews are likely to be conducted following the closing of this vacancy, but we reserve the right to interview and appoint before this date. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
All applicants should send their CV with a detailed covering letter (500 words max) to Brandon Lewis by email at email@example.com